Daiapolon - il mio scambio di messaggi con Takao Koyama riguardo la natura del robot.

Forum dedicato al mondo degli Anime
Knight77
Utente

Daiapolon - il mio scambio di messaggi con Takao Koyama riguardo la natura del robot.

Messaggioda Knight77 » 08/05/2022, 19:10

Salve amici,

Takao Koyama è uno dei sceneggiatori di "Daiapolon".

Lo scambio di messaggi è in inglese. Buona lettura a tutti.

IO:

Is Takeshi ("the pilot") supposed to become a giant (growing inside) and thus WEAR Daiapolon as a kind of ARMOUR
...or to become FUSED with the Robot via some strange quantic/molecular process?
In Italy, we always perceived it as Takeshi becoming a giant version of himself (Tokusatsu-style) and WEARING Daiapolon as a cybernetical armour - the inside of the Robot could miniaturize/pressurize to accomodate the boy growing inside.

MAESTRO KOYAMA:

I'm sorry for the delay in replying.
Unfortunately we can not answer your question.
Daiapolon was animated as an original based on \Galaxy Warrior Apollo\ which was serialized in a weekly comic magazine \Boys King\.

During the animation process, the name \Apollon\ could not be registered as a trademark, and I named it Daiapolon. \Dai\ means \big\ in Japanese.
Realistic SF explanation about Takeshi and DaiApolon was not made even during animation.
So, we will have written it without informing the details about that point.

I would like to thank all Italian fans who loved such Daiapolon. Thank you very much.

IO:

Master Koyama,

Thank you so much for your revelations. I'm just proud that you answered me.
In my humble opinion, Takeshi becomes a "giant" version of himself via molecular expansion. The whole technology behind the Daiapolon seems to suggest it's about "miniaturization/macro-conversion". That would also explain why the limbs and the body components of the three Apolon robots (Header, Trangur, Legger) "disappear" when they combine into the Daiapolon. We can even see that in the "finisher" move of the Daiapolon at the very end of any fight, when the robot becomes small and then large again.
So basically the robot turns into a cybernetical armour for Takeshi, and Takeshi "wears" it like a suit.

Well, Daiapolon is one of the most loved robots here in Italy, and it is considered one of the best mecha designs out there.
The story was beautiful, you did a terrific work.
Daiapolon will be always my favourite robot and my absolute hero along with Baldios!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, master. I wish you the best.

Torna a “ANIME”